[st_accordions initial_open=”1″] [st_accordion title=”Community Guidelines” icon=””]
Be cool and play nice.
The Internet is a pretty cool place, but it also gives people the means to insult and/or harass others without taking full responsibility for their words. We request, nay— we insist! — that while you are on SHINSHURI you respect the people you encounter, as well as their videos. You are free to disagree and/or provide critical feedback, but please keep it respectful.
Don’t spam or disrupt SHINSHURI.
The best way to encourage others to watch your videos is to participate in the community. You should also watch and comment on other people’s videos, follow people, join Groups, and follow Channels related to your interests. Oh, and don’t send unsolicited mass messages. And please don’t flood SHINSHURI with videos uploaded by a robot or a robot-like human in a manner that will disrupt people’s experience here.
If you’re uploading commercial or business content, make sure you read our Commercial Content Guidelines as well. Thanks!
[/st_accordion] [st_accordion title=”Video Guidelines” icon=””]
Upload only videos you created yourself.
- You must own or hold all necessary rights (copyrights, etc.) to your video.
- “So-and-so gave me permission” does not mean you created it.
- You can upload videos that you appear in or helped create (as director, DP, editor, musician, motion graphics artist, actor, etc.) as long as you have the necessary permissions from the copyright holders.
- Please add your role in the video description to avoid deletion.
- Exception! SHINSHURI members can upload video/non-video content they did not create as long as they hold the necessary rights and permissions.
You cannot upload certain types of content:
- No rips of movies, music, television, or any other third party copyrighted material. Read more about copyright and fair use.
- No sexually explicit material or pornography. (Artistic and non-sexual nudity is allowed. Read more.)
- No videos that are hateful, harass others, or include defamatory or discriminatory speech. Read more.
- No videos that depict or promote unlawful acts, extreme or real-life violence, self-harm, or cruelty toward animals.
- No screen-captures of video games or gameplay videos, even if edited. (Exception! Game developers can upload examples of their own work. Machinima videos with a story also are allowed, but must be labeled as such in the video description to avoid deletion.)
[/st_accordion] [st_accordion title=”Commercial Content Guidelines” icon=””]
Businesses/Professionals may use Basic Member or Personal Leadership Member to host non-commercial video/non-video content. If you want to upload video/non-video content with a commercial intent, you must use Business Development Member or Business Philanthropy Member.
Commercial content includes:
- Video/non-video content promoting or representing a for-profit business or brand.
- Video/non-video content containing any form of advertising.
- Video/non-video content hosted on behalf of a business (e.g., uploaded to SHINSHURI Leadership Portal and embedded on your company’s website or vice versa).
- Content, products, programs, courses, services that you intend to sell.
- Product demos and tutorials.
If the video/non-video content you’re uploading fit any of these descriptions, you must use Advertisement Pro, Expert Pro, or Product Pro.
Exception! If you’re an artist or non-profit, you may use any account type except for the Basic Member (Personal Leadership, Business Development, or Business Philanthropy) to showcase your creative work.
There are certain types of commercial content we never allow.
- You may not upload videos pertaining to multi-level marketing (MLM), affiliate programs, get-rich-quick schemes, cash gifting, work-from-home gigs, or similar ventures.
- You may not upload spam or flood SHINSHURI Leadership Portal with video/non-video content intended to drive traffic to your website. You must utilize our Advertisement Pro, Expert Pro, or Product Pro to market and promote your products and services.
Commercial video/non-video content that may be disruptive to SHINSHURI members’ experience should remain private.
- SHINSHURI is a place to share and discover amazing video/non-video content, courses, services, programs, and products for personal and professional development. Commercial content that adversely affects on-site video/non-video content discovery (e.g., by flooding search results) should remain private.
- If you’re uploading lots of similar, promotional videos (e.g., product demos), please keep these video/non-video content private.
- video/non-video content focused on short term sales (e.g., real estate walk-throughs) should also remain private.
Private Mode: PRO members can use Private Mode to easily hide their videos from SHINSHURI.com. Learn more about hosting and sharing private videos.
Businesses and Professionals in the SHINSHURI Community:
Businesses and Professionals can share their videos on SHINSHURI, but cannot use comments, private messages, or the SHINSHURI Forums for promotional purposes.
[/st_accordion] [st_accordion title=”Violations” icon=””]
Violations of any SHINSHURI Guidelines may lead to the removal of your videos and/or your SHINSHURI account. Learn how to report a violation